Don's Pages

Sunday, 12 May 2013

Fujifilm Finepix HS50EXR Hands on Review.

The Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Review.


Updated 3rd July 2013:

See what the Fujifilm Finepix HS50exr can deliver when taken out on the streets of London. Here you'll see some amazing colourful candids of the wonderful people in Camden Market, Camden Lock, The London Underground, Kings Cross Station (Marvellous NEW architecture) and Brick Lane. I'm getting more excited by this little camera every day. Click on Don's post here. 


WOW! My Fuji HS50 arrived yesterday and I've been having some fun playing with it.

27th June 2013: Updated with some 1000mm shots of foxes playing in my garden. It so good to have a little camera always ready to capture those wonderful moments. It always by my side now. I'll still be using my D700 for serious work, but for fun, family and foxes the fujifilm HS50 EXR is perfect. Check out the Foxy Pictures Here.
Check out some more Fox Cub Pics here.

Updated my review with a Movie Here


Fujifilm Fine Pix HS50 Specs and Stats


The great day has arrived, I've just got my hands on my brand new FujiFilm HS50 EXR Camera. After unpacking and charging the battery, putting on the strap, lens hood and attaching the lens cap, I'm ready to give it a good thorough testing.

First impressions: It's very light. I'm used to lugging my D700 around all day, and in comparison the Fuji HS50 feels like a feather. It'll be great for travel photography.

After the battery was fully charged which only took a few minutes as it had obviously been charged up before packing, I placed it in the camera. Oh I forgot to mention I also ordered the newest 16GB Fuji HS SD Card to go with it.

A B&W from the Fuji HS50exr:


Comparison:
I thought I'd just test my brand new Fujifilm Finepix HS50exr and compare it with my old Nikon D40x camera. I was amazed, surprise and not very impressed with the fuji cameras performance.

Here I set both cameras to their best setting: Both in RAW mode at ISO 100 and f/8.00.

First the Fujifilm image:
Fujifilm HS50exr Camera made in 2013: ISO100 f/8.0 RAW. Tripod Mounted. Available Light.

Next the Nikon D40x image:
Nikon D40x Camera made in 2007. ISO100 f/8.0 Tripod Mounted, Available Light. Basic 18-55mm Lens.
Here is a Close Up Crop of the Images
First Fujifilm HS50exr image:
Next the Nikon D40x Crop:

You don't have to be a pixel peeper to see the old Nikon wins hands down.

I wanted to be as fare to the Fujifilm as I could possible be, so I did the test again, trying my hardest to get the best quality from the camera. Here is my second attempt with the Fuji and Nikon again.

Fujifilm Finepix HS50exr Camera:
Fujifilm Finepix HS50exr. ISO 100, f/8.0, Tripod Mounted. 
Nikon D40x Camera:
Nikon D40x Camera: ISO 100, f/8.0, Tripod Mounted. 
The Nikon's ten megapixels do seem to produce a much better image than the sixteen megapixels of the brand new Fujifilm HS50exr's. This reveals to me that even over time, with all the supposed advances in sensor technology, that sensor size really does matter when it comes to quality. I'm now going to take a shot with my Nikon D700 just to compare with the Old Nikon D40x to see if there is any difference. Remember the D700 is also over five years old and I've had it since new, it's taken thousands of shots.

D700 Pictures:
Nikon D700, ISO 100, f/8.0, Tripod Mounted.



However, apart from image quality what does the Fujifilm HS50exr have in it's favour? More later.

Why not visit Don's Zazzle Store for great products.


make custom gifts at Zazzle

Google+ Badge

There was an error in this gadget