Don's Pages

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Arts and Crafts Movement

Standen Estate: East Sussex, England.
Arts and Crafts: William Morris.
Bank Holiday Monday 6th May 2013 Visit.




You can see all the images (Large) by clicking one and scrolling through them.

My wife and I had a wonderful day out yesterday at the Standen Estate, owned by the National Trust. We arrived early and had to wait for 15 mins before they opened the gates. However, as we were the first to arrive for Bank Holiday Monday, we also got to see the whole place and had it to ourselves for a while, that's why there are only a few people in the pictures at first. As the day progressed, there were hundreds of people arriving and by the time we were leaving there was a line of cars half a mile long, waiting to get in. I'm so glad my wife prompted me to get ready and on our way out of London before everyone else got out of bed.

Standen House: The House is decorated throughout in the Arts and Crafts Style. There are William Morris textiles everywhere; Fabrics, Tiles, Wallpaper. Even the electrics are the original fixtures and fittings from the 1920s...







 










Standen Estate Gardens: The Gardens were a treasure: All made up of little compartment gardens and each turn is an adventure in itself. I loved the views overlooking the reservoir in the valley below and would definitely love to visit in the early morning light.











For more information on the history of Stenden House and Estate visit the National Trust web site. 

Photography For Don

I am passionate, my wife would say "obsessed", with all kinds of photography. When I am behind the camera looking through the eye-piece, I feel like I am in the right place, no matter where I am. Photography allows me to be still and just focus on what's in front of me. Everything else around me just fades away and what unfolds before me is all that I am aware of. I am in the moment, and when that happens, sometimes something magical occurs. My Breathing slows down, troubles fade away, calmness washes over me, all is at peace. When finally I press the shutter: Boom:- Peace, Happiness, Elation, Excitement and Joy. It all builds up to that moment. No wonder this photography is what I love to do. For me PHOTOGRAPHY is not just taking a picture, it is the elation of the emotional experience that I seek. It doesn't happen every time, but occasionally people who view my artwork also experience it too. It's important to me that others know what has happened to produce the artwork they are submersed in and can share something of the boom of the moment.

Don's Photography Fine Art

At Don's Fine Art site you'll discover many great works and they are always great quality.
Art Prints

Don's RedBubble Portfolio


See Something on this blog that's not available on my Fine Art sites? Contact me and I'll let you have them.







Google+ Badge

There was an error in this gadget