Don's Pages

Monday, 4 February 2013

Canterbury Cloisters: One a Day 2013

Canterbury Cloisters.

Canterbury is a marvellous City and the Cathedral is the Spiritual home for thousands of pilgrims. You'll perceive this 'Spiritual' atmosphere the moment you walk through the doors. For over a thousand years people have been making Christian pilgrimages to this place. I think it's the fact that they are genuinely seeking God that the presence of the Lord can be felt here. I was moved to silence and awe, then after some time praying I got to work with my camera. 

What really surprised me was how helpful the Ushers were, and they didn't object even once to me setting up my tripod, that's amazing in this day and age. Praise God for the peace of Canterbury, I know that I'll definitely be making many return visits.

Camera: Nikon D700, with 16-35mm Nikon wide angle. Tripod mounted. 1/5th sec at f/8.0, ISO 100.
Canterbury Cloisters (HDR Version).






Google+ Badge

There was an error in this gadget