Don's Pages

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Beauty in the Rain

Beauty in the Rain: Leicestershire, UK.
Foxton Locks and Debdale.

Last weekend I was at a Conference in Leicestershire, staying at the fantastic Hothorpe Hall. I must say a great big thanks to all the Staff for all that they did to make our short stay so pleasant. The rooms were first class and the food outstanding. I'm definitely going back there soon.

On that Saturday we had a couple of hours break in the Conference so I ventured out in the car. It was a bleak February afternoon, grey skies, drizzle and lots of big puddles.

After driving through some wonderful villages; Husbands Bosworth, Theddingworth, Market Harborough, Foxton.

I came across a sign for Foxton Locks, well I didn't even know there was a canal close by, but it turned out to be the famous Grand Union Canal, and as I soon discovered Foxton Locks (Named after the nearby village of Foxton) they are the biggest in the country; with ten separate locks to transport canal craft up some 30 feet. Awesome.

Here are some of the pics from the shoot and you can always purchase them from my cataloge on RedBubble.














It was well worth the effort of driving around and looking for inspiration.
The old saying; "Seek and ye shall find" certainly paid off.
When the weather is better this will be a great location.

Keep shooting my friends.

Google+ Badge

There was an error in this gadget